It is a site, which is an independent clone of any live site (production site). Preferably known for the testing functions, they are very helpful to review your site before publishing it.
Need and Requirement –
Well, we need this feature for many different reasons. They all are described here –
• Testing the Site – The most important reason is related to testing of the site. When a website is made, the owner wants all the things to be completed, and that a testing is required before the implementation of it on the professional level. So, it is a very important feature to provide all the testing functions.
• Verification – This is a term associated with testing. After previewing all the content, function of the site, you can show it up to the world, as you have done all the verification during the section. This will be helpful for you to check the site's overall functions.
• Error checking – Well, you can make small / big any sort of mistakes, which you may not be able to consider while making any site. But using this function, you can easily eliminate errors, in case they occurred.
• Updation – For updation purpose also, this feature is especially helpful. This makes it really easy for you to see your site from every aspect, and change the things where necessary. Thus the modernization becomes one of the key elements of this feature.
What you can do with it?
Here I will let you know about the testings that you can perform using this feature –
• Test Plug-Ins – The very first thing to test in the site are the plug-Ins. So, the feature provides plugin testing options, where you can check the different plugins on the website.
• Test Themes – The different themes applied to the site can also be tested. Themes are really important for any site's reputation. So, you should check your site's theme properly before launching it.
• Custom code – Management of Custom Code snippets is really a necessary thing right! Well, not to worry when you are using the feature, because you can easily manage the things out there.
How the Operation is done?
It creates an exact copy of your real site on any other server, usually known as WP Staging servers. From there you can develop your site, add / edit / eliminate content / functions to it, and update the changes before finalizing and launching of the website.
In another way to notice, you get a complete assurance that your site is fully checked, and functions well on every aspect. In this way, the overall operations is done.
This was my article describing to you about it and important terms related to it. I hope you have liked the article.
Source by Louis Gregory