WordPress is free, open source software that can be easily installed on websites or blogs to help you create a great looking site. There are currently over 200,000 blogs that are using this software as it is easy to use and maintain. Its themes are customizable and give a pleasant look to the eyes. The software is extremely easy to use but people, being new users, still find it difficult to navigate through various options.
Here are some easy steps that you should perform to add articles and content to your WordPress blog or website.
1. First log into your WordPress account by giving your user-name and password.
2. You will see a blank page if you have not uploaded any posts previously. On the left side of the page, you will be seeing options like Dashboard, Posts, Media and Comments etc.
3. Click the 'Add New' button under the 'Posts' tab. A new page will open.
4. Here you will be seeing few blank boxes and the blinking cursor in the top most blank box. This is the title bar. You can give the title of your article in this box like 'How to Add Content on WordPress.
5. Under the title bar, you will see 'Upload / Insert' option and icons for image, video, audio and media. An image or a video is a vital part of content on WordPress.
6. Click the image icon and a dialogue box will appear. Here you can see the options like 'From Computer' and 'From URL' etc. Click the 'from computer' option and find the image on your server by browsing the files. Click 'upload' when you find the desired image. If you want to upload an image from the Internet then simply copy and paste the URL in the relevant box and click the 'insert into post' at the bottom of the dialogue box.
7. The second box is for typing or inserting the body of your article. You can either type the content in this box or you can copy it from a.doc or.txt file and paste it in the box. The picture you uploaded will also appear in this box as well.
8. The third box with the heading 'Excerpt' is for the description or summary of the article. Here you can write what the article is about to get the reader's attention.
9. On the right side of the page, you will see the categories of your blog. Choose the appropriate category for this particular article.
10. Proofread the article once then either click the 'Save Draft' button on the right side of the page to comeback and further edit the article or click the 'Publish' button to post the article to your blog.
You can always edit your newly published article at a later time.
These are the steps you will need to take to publish your articles. I hope this article was useful for you and will help you in managing your WordPress blog or website.
Source by Ric Montgomery