If you are a website designer, or are starting up a website or a blog for the first time, you have probably started to realize that WordPress is most definitely the best website design platform available today. Some website designers have given other web hosting platforms a try, but extremely come back to WordPress based on all of the features listed below that make it such a compelling solution for websites that require sales or lead generation performance.
• Content distribution engine – when configured properly (most people do not) WordPress is a content distribution engine. We configure WordPress websites to distribute to search engines, ping sites, social media sites, social bookmarking sites and RSS aggregator sites. This sends each blog post to more than 10,000 sites! You can find your post in Google within a few minutes.
• Plugins – WordPress has what amounts to an endless supply of available plugins for you to apply to your website. These are all easy to download and apply to your website, and they are completely free! No matter what your website needs in terms of functionality, WordPress typically has the plugin you will need so you do not need to write custom software to do this.
• Themes – Website designers know that one of the most important aspects of creating an attractive website is the availability of nice looking themes. WordPress has thousands of themes, which are all completely customizable to meet the needs of your specific website design. The themes are available in open format, 1 column, 2 columns, 3 columns, many different colors and graphics.
• Cost – You can set up free websites or blogs on WordPress.com, however, the serious business or website designer can set up their own domain name (and a premium or professionally custom designed website theme if desired) with a WordPress website at a hosting company for under $ 60 a year. That is a small investment for a business tool that end up being a major source of income and business lead generation.
• Intra-Site Linking – For both search engine optimization (SEO) and usability purposes it is ultra important to have a solid linking scheme for the pages of your website. WordPress links pages through SEO-friendly menus and special pages like tags, categories and archives as well as blog widgets like tag clouds, most recent posts and most recent comments.
• Simplicity – WordPress is extremely user-friendly. Even the newest website designer can easily install WordPress with a click. It is not necessary for a new website designer to know anything at all about computers in order to use WordPress to host their websites. Once it is installed, you just have to log into your account, add a page or blog post and start editing. It's as simple as using a word processor like Microsoft Word.
• Easily Customizable – Once you have your website (s) up and running with WordPress, it is extremely simple to customize your WordPress web design. Website designers will love all of WordPress's widgets that allow simple drag and drop designing with ease. You will find that you can literally do almost anything with WordPress's design capabilities.
Source by Michael Cordova