Looking for the “Perfect” CMS for you SEO campaign? Well according to many professionals, particularly with numerous SEO Philippines consultants that had their hands on some of the many CMS’ out in the market, there really isn’t a “perfect” CMS that could used for SEO. Almost all CMS softwares has their advantages and disadvantages pertaining to its use in SEO. The only basis that describe’s a CMS’ capabilities in terms of SEO or with any other uses are its user-friendly features. Although almost all CMS applications can be used for SEO, many still agree on several CMS applications because of its ease in use as well as with its built-in or add-on features primarily use in SEO. Popular names in the CMS market today include the popular Joomla! CMS, MODx, SilverStripe, and Drupal, and WordPress. Joomla! Many have agreed of Joomla!’s uses in SEO is the best by far. It was a re-branded release of Mambo 184.108.40.206 which, itself, was combined with other bug and moderate-level security fixes. Part of what made Joomla! very popular in the market, not only for SEO but in almost all web management purposes, is its third party program extensions called “Plugins” (Previously known as “Mambots” in Mambo). Plugins, like those found in Mozilla Firefox, are background extensions that extend Joomla! with new functionality. One example is the WikiBot which allows the author of Joomla! content to use “Wikitags” in Joomla! articles which will auto-create dynamic hyperlinks to Wikipedia articles when displayed. There are over 3,000 extensions for Joomla! available via the Extensions Directory. One popular Plugin used specifically for SEO is JoomSEF. ARTIO JoomSEF is a SEO component for Joomla! Content Management System that rewrites URLs to be Search Engine Friendly (SEF) and to be human easily understandable. It works with multilingual sites by integrating JoomFish component support. It also nables users full customization of wide-range of meta tags for any URL of the website and works with both Apache HTTP Server and IIS. Popular features of JoomSEF used for SEO inludes:
- Rewriting of original Joomla! URLs to be Search Engine Friendly and human understandable.
- Providing support for multilingual sites using JoomFish.
- Providing URLs internationalization.
- Providing wide range of editable meta tags for any URL in your Joomla!
- Providing fully customizable URLs.
- Providing customizable 404 page.
- Helps in handling 301 redirects.
MODx MODx is another popular CMS used by many SEO Philippines consultants. One feature that made it popular is its complete control of all metadata and URL structure for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) purposes, all of it found in the application. Other than its SEO capabilities, MODx also became popular because of its other features. This includes:
- Cross-browser flexibility including Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer on Windows, Firefox and Safari in Mac OS X, and Firefox in Linux.
- Works well even on modest shared servers.
- Supports any Ajax library including jQuery, MooTools, ExtJS and Prototype.
- Object-oriented core code.
- Ability to customize the Manager on a per-deployment basis.
MODx were also known for its several awards and recognitions. In July 2007, MODx was awarded Packt Publishing’s Most Promising Open Source Content Management System award. On February 6, 2009, OpenSourceCMS.com user rankings placed MODx version 0.9.6.3 as the 3rd highest ranked of 78 applications in the CMS/portal category with 2885 votes. SilverStripe Although not as popularly used compared to Joomla!, some have agreed that SilverStripe can be as useful as Joomla! in SEO, particularly because of its Search engine friendly URLs, meta-data management, and XML sitemap generation. According to many professionals, SilverStripe’s popularity in SEO was mainly fueled by its user-friendly features. Features of SilverStripe include:
- A modern, extensible web-application interface.
- Drag and drop tree-based navigation structure.
- Work-flow management: Draft/Published separation through content staging, document revision control/rollback with ‘compare’ functionality.
- Highly configurable security/permissions model.
- Optimizations for heavy loads (e.g. manual cache refresh).
Drupal A very popular CMS used for web design, Drupal was also used in SEO. Similar to Joomla!, Drupal also allows third-party contributed (often abbreviated to “contrib”) modules and themes to extend or override Drupal’s default behaviors without changing Drupal core’s code. However, current versions of contribs doesn’t support any special SEO functions. According to several Web design Philippines consultants, many are still using the CMS for SEO purposes.
One popular feature of the Drupal is that i can run on any computing platform that supports both a web server capable of running PHP version 4.3.5+ (including Apache, IIS, Lighttpd, and nginx) and a database (such as MySQL or PostgreSQL) to store content and settings. The disadvantage, however, is that Drupal is a bit complicated compared to other CMS applications. For more information visit to our site at http://www.myoptimind.com
Source by Margarette Mcbride