Are you new to Internet Marketing and have a new WordPress blog but just don’t understand yet how to put a Squeeze page or Sales page on your blog?
How to put together a squeeze page is common knowledge for most. Just Google it and you will locate several articles on how to craft such a page. A catchy headline, bullet points, a “free give away” are just the common practices. And I’m not speaking about how to put an auto-responder on a blog page or post. The question you want answered is how to make one inside WordPress!
However, if you are new and don’t want to simply put a box on your front page or go through the hassle and cost of another domain/hosting account, you just can’t figure out how to have a professional looking, distinct squeeze page that resides inside your blog.
Most WordPress themes only have pages and posts. But they include your header, footer, sidebar and all the other stuff that are just overly cluttery looking and are not good for a squeeze page. Now you can make your own without buying an expensive theme!
Basically invent a new template, craft your squeeze page there, and then upload it to your server using a FTP program. Just produce your own squeeze page for WordPress and upload it into your theme. Lastly, create a new-found page in WordPress using that template, making it invisible from your blog and you are in business.
1. To create a new page template, you must create a little php code file. I found how to do this with a google search and found help at GadgetCage.
2. Use a gratis open source software such as KompoZer as a html editor to create my squeeze page. KompoZer can be a little pernickety, but is frequently straight forward. However, I do not advise using its auto FTP for uploading. Copy the html editor’s source code for text, pictures, links, auto-responder image, etc.
3. Now you take the html editor’s source code and pop it into the php file.
4. You FTP upload the new php file to your domain server using FileZilla.
5. Now you have a new template with a Squeeze page as its format. Be sure to create a new page inside WordPress using this template and hide it from your blog.
Understand that you cannot attach content to this page from WordPress but you can re-do everything inside KompoZer. Just know that you will have to add or edit your page in the interior of your html editor. simply create a new source code and upload the newer php file again.
It is reasonably easy to create a squeeze page inside WordPress once you know the steps and are prepared to suffer through some trial and error. This secret squeeze page method will allow you to create any special page for WordPress.
Enjoy this secret and know you have learned how to do something new today. Developing this skill will be very valuable for you. Your value to others is in teaching and showing them new solutions to problems as they arise.
I am happy I am able to share this with you and I hope it has answered some questions for you. If you need further help, please contact me on my blog.
Source by Jerry Lucado