A FaceBook badge is a rectangular box containing your FaceBook profile image, your last FaceBook status statement, and other information. Placing a badge on your web page or blog gives an opportunity for gaining friends from among your visitors. It’s easy to create one.
First, log into your FaceBook account and click on Profile. Scroll down the page, watching the left column. Near the bottom you’ll see a link that says “Create a Profile Badge.” It should be under your Friends box unless you have other things listed in your left column.
When you click on that you’ll see a sample of the badge and the html code will appear in a box. You’ll also see choices for getting code for Blogger, MySpace, and TypePad.
You can edit your badge by clicking Edit on the top right of the page. The edit screen gives you several options: Your badge can be vertical or horizontal, then you can choose what features you want included in your badge. When you are finished click Save.
Copy the html code.
Add the badge as a widget in your WordPress blog. It will appear in the right column of most templates.
- Go to your WordPress blog and log in to the admin area.
- Select Design or Appearance, depending on your WordPress version.
- Choose Widgets.
- Go down the left column to Text and click Add. You’ll see a new Text bar appear at the bottom of your widget column to the right.
- Click Edit on that bar.
- Paste the html code for the badge into the Text Box and click Change.
- Drag the text box toward the top of your widget list if you want the icon will be readily visible.
9. Click Save Changes.
Visit your blog and your badge should appear on the front page.
For the Resource Box choose the one that says RoseyDowFreeStuff.com
Source by Rosey Dow